TICO British University in Egypt has participated in Cairo Innovate Exhibition 2017. Cairo Innovates – Cairo International Exhibition of Innovation aims to stimulate scientific innovation in Egypt through creating a hub that excites people about science and research, connects innovators to enablers and key stakeholders, and allows local innovators to exhibit and commercialize their inventions. The two days event includes sessions, workshops, competitions, panels, and inspiring stories of rising talents. Cairo Innovates includes an exhibition of the latest inventions and innovations, an interactive “Makers Campus”, and a “Junior Scientist” area with a special focus on stimulating the culture of innovation to increase the country’s productivity and competitiveness, and reducing poverty and inequality.
The BUE exhibited 5 projects
- The use of predictive maintenance technology by analyzing the corrosive molecules to improve and develop the production system in medium and large industrial bodies production.
- High-power horizontal wind turbine blades
- High-efficiency vertical wind turbine project for off-grid
- Manufacturing a combined air conditioning unit cooling capacity 9000 thermal cooling units
- Manufacturing by addition and rapid prototyping – a three-dimensional printing machine
Moreover, the BUE has won a prize for the best research project in the field of water under the supervision of Dr. Amr Abdelkadr.